9.11.12

SHAUN SAMSON SS13 . CLOSER LOOK

Since London Showroom just shown in Hong Kong recently, I had a lovely visit to the showroom that held in The Space. Especially this season BFC got to push Menswear as they finally got a week of Menswear for SS13, they promote even more menswear designers than womenswear in this particular showroom. All the designers from Jonathan Saunders, Nicholas Kirkwood, Peter Pilotto, Roksanda Ilincic, Agi & Sam, Dominic Jones, E.Tautz, Lee Roach, Matthew Miller, Shaun Samson, William Richard Green and Aitor Throup fly all the way from LA (as the london perviously stopped city) to Hong Kong.
As I am a absolute fans of Shaun Samson, I finally have a closer look at his SS13 collection which I found it really amazing when I scanned them in details. I found the whole collection as described as illusion, as I cannot really tell from the picture that shown online, but when you closely look at the fabrics actually he used his signature needle punching to gradient the fabric that he chose. This time it looks like the same fabrics but in fact is from wool to printed silk; from knit to printed silk; these fabrication treatment is really stunning as the whole garment is quite light and they look like really heavy as his past collection.

Take a closer look at the fabrication gradiation, they are quite fascinating.
Gradient fabrics - From real knit to printed knit pattern silk
Gradient Fabric - From wool to printed wool silk
Piercing with laser cut holes on printed tee
Source: my photos / i-d online / london showroom

No comments:

Post a Comment